Saturday, October 31, 2015

....a year later.....

Well.....it's been a year since I've posted anything! Crazy (or lazy), I know! In my defense, it's been a year full of craziness so I don't feel quite as bad....I was a little busy dealing with uterine cancer and a plethora of random health issues but I'm cancer free (Praise be to God!!) and healthy....and I'm still busy crafting with the kiddos....I just do a lousy job of sitting down and blogging about it....thankfully I do remember take photos of them so these next few posts will be CHOCK full of Fall/Halloween crafts I didn't get posted last time....enjoy!!

Spider Treat Bag

 
 
This is a cute way to send home treats with the kiddos!
 
Supplies needed: 
Black Tempra Paint
Black & White Construction Paper OR large wiggly eyes
White Tempra Paint (or a white out pen)
Scissors
Black Chenille Wires
Paper Plates 
Black ribbon
Glue Gun & sticks
Candy (including some of the GOOD chocolate!)
 
First we painted the backs of 2 paper plates (I used the smaller plates but depending on how many treats you are filling it with you can also use the large plates) When paint is dry cut a few inches off one of the top of one of the plates.
  
Cut 3 chenille wires in half  (keep the length if you are using a large plate!) and then hot glue 3 wires at least an inch apart to the inside edge of the uncut plate. Bend the wires to form the spider's legs.
 
Hot glue the uncut plate along the rippled edge and glue it to the other plate. Be sure to use enough glue to seal the plate completely or treats will fall through the cracks!  Glue the ribbon ends onto the inside of the plates.
 
For the eyes - I like them to look more dramatic - I like my craft eyes to be perfect - so I'll use something like a water bottle lid, milk jug lid for the black part of the eyes and the lid off a bottle of seasoning for the white. Trace the circles out on construction paper, cut out, glue together. To make the eyelashes I cut out thin black strips together (you can bring them to a point at the end or keep them blunt) and then glue onto the back of the eyes. Gently but tightly wrap a pencil around the lashes to make them curl. Use the end of a paintbrush in white paint or a white out pen to create the dots in the pupils.
 
Fill with candy and treats and you have a spooky sweet bag!
 
Here's another version
(we used an extra color in the eyes and instead of filling with candy
 we put the candy in black and silver tissue paper and stuffed into the bags)


No comments:

Post a Comment